Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Sideways Scarf/ Shawl

HipCreative

            

  
If you need help knitting this project, click on the link below for full Video Tutorial


Materials:
-US #9 Needle (5.5 mm)
-Yarn #4

Abbreviation:
K= Knit
Yo= Yarn over
K2tog= Knit two together


Cast on 3

Increasing Section:
Row 1: K all
Row 2: k2, yo, k until the end of the row.
Repeat rows 1 and 2 until you have reached your desire width for the scarf (29 ½” for my example) , finish with row #2.

Decreasing Section:
Then, knit until you have 2 sts before the yo from the previous row and, k2tog, k the yo and the last 2 sts.
Following row k2, yo, k2tog, k until the end of the row.
Repeat the last two rows until you have 3 sts left on the needle.


Cast off.

7 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing your video and this shawl pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi loved the tutorial. Got one question, What is the length of the scarf when it's finished and which kind of yarn you used? Is it worsted weight? Also, if I want to make it bigger what do I do, just keep it going until the length I want them start decreasing? Thank you so much. I've been looking for simple and pretty triangular scarfs for the last two days and most of them had too many stitches that I'm not familiar with yet because I'm just a beghiner. I found yours in youtube just now and I knew this is the one I want. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elida,

      I used 200g of worsted weight acrylic yarn. If you want to make it bigger, keep knitting until you have reached your desire length and then start decreasing.

      Delete
  3. Can you use a size 8 circular needle to make this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula,

      you should make a swatch to check if it is not too tight with a US#8 needle. If it is not then you can use a number 8.

      Delete
  4. I like your patterns and explanations. Please add me to your e-mail newsletter list. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi how many stitches did you have when you reach 29 in half inches?

    ReplyDelete